FAQ Lyon City Card
What exactly is the Lyon City Card?
It's a no-contact card that includes access to public transport, museums, guided tours and river cruises. More specifically, it includes:
- 23 museums in Lyon, and their temporary exhibitions,
- a leisure cruise, with commentaries in French and English, or a tour in a Lyon City Bus sightseeing bus, depending on the season. Included during the winter, and €19 instead of €21 during the summer (please ask our team at the reception desk),
- a guided tour with a lecturing guide working with the Tourist Office,
- all forms of public transport: unlimited use of buses, tubes, trams and cable cars for the duration of your card,
- an unusual tour of the rooftops of the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière,
- a loom weaving demonstration,
- puppet shows with Guignol,
- the Planetarium
- The animated miniature park Mini World Lyon with beat-the-queue access,
- numerous activities, shows and concerts.
This card is valid during 1, 2, 3 or 4 consecutive days, and is also available for children aged 4 to 15, and students (you will be asked to show a valid student card), and includes just one entrance per attraction, museum and guided tour during the duration of your card.
A Rhônexpress Lyon City Card card is also at your disposal. It includes a return trip on the Rhônexpress between Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport and the city centre, Lyon-Part-Dieu station in the La Villette district.
Just add two activities, on top of your use of public transport, and your Lyon City Card will have paid for itself!
Don't hesitate to check out the websites of our various partners, or contact us to see how much you can save!
The Lyon City Experts team is at your service on +33(0)4 72 77 69 69, from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
Lyon City Card... How does it work?
Your card will be activated as soon as you use it on public transport or for your first tourist activity.
When using public transport, you must validate your card at each connection. Failure to do so will expose you to paying a fine in case of inspection.
When taking part in activities, you must show your card and mini-guide at each ticket office. Your Lyon City Card does not entitle you to beat the queue, unless stated otherwise.
Buying your card
Lyon City Card Adult 1 day: €27
Lyon City Card Adult 2 days: €37
Lyon City Card Adult 3 days: €47
Lyon City Card Adult 4 days: €57
Transfers to and from the airport
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 1 day adult: €43
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 2 days adult: €52
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 3 days adult: €61
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 4 days adult: €69
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 1 day: €19
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 2 days: €26
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 3 days: €33
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 4 days: €40
This card entitles you to the same services as the adult card but cannot be issued alone. It can only be purchased with a Lyon City Card for adults.
Lyon City Card Student 1 day: €23
Lyon City Card Student 2 days: €31
Lyon City card Student 3 days: €39
Upon presentation of a valid student card.
Special rates for cards purchased via the web or over the phone.
Added advantage: make the most of our special web offer when purchasing a Lyon City Card for adults (with the exception of cards that include a Rhônexpress pass) for all your purchases on our www.lyoncitycard.com website or over the phone on +33(04) 72 77 69 69 from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
When purchasing your Lyon City Card over the phone or via the web, you can choose to have your order sent to your home for an additional fee of €3.50 for postage charges for those living in Metropolitan France, and €6.5 for those living abroad. Please allow 3-5 days when you live in France, and up to 5-10 days when you live abroad.
When purchasing cards directly at the Tourist Office Pavilion you can use credit cards, cash, bank cheques and holiday vouchers.
When purchasing cards remotely via the Internet or over the phone you can use your credit card to pay on our secure website. We accept e-Carte Bleue, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron and Paypal
The Lyon City Card cannot be cancelled, refunded or modified. In the event of it being lost, stolen or improperly used, the ONLYLYON Tourism and Convention bureau shall decline any responsibility, and your card shall not be replaced
Collecting your Lyon City Card
Once you have purchased your Lyon City Card on the www.lyoncitycard.com website or over the phone, you can collect it at any time. There is no deadline.
After collection it must be used within 18 months (it will be activated when you use it for the first time).
Your Lyon City Card can be collected from any of the following locations:
- The ONLYLYON Tourism Pavilion, situated in Place Bellecour, in the 2nd arrondissement in Lyon. Open every day (except on 25th Dec and 1st Jan) from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- The Welcome space at Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport, between Terminals 1 and 2. Open every day from 8 am to 7 pm.
- The reception desk in the Part-Dieu shopping centre, level 0, Place de l’Eau. Open from Monday to Saturday, from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm.
Using your Lyon City Card
Simply show your Lyon City Card at the ticket office of the museum to receive your free entrance ticket.
Beat-the-queue options are available for the Musée des Confluences, Musée des Beaux-Arts and Mini World Lyon.
Some Lyon City Card activities required prior booking via the following partners:
- The Planetarium in Vaulx-en-Velin. Free entrance. to book and obtain a programme, please call +33(0)4 78 79 50 12
- A guided tour on electric bicycles with Lyon Bike Tour: get 20% discount on presentation of your Lyon City Card. To book and check availability, please call +33(0)6 51 36 33 47
- A guided tour on a Segway Personal Transporter with ComHic: get 10% discount on the tour of your choice, or 20% discount on the Mobilboard tour. Comhic: to book (compulsory) and to check availability, please call +33(0)4 72 65 43 86 & Mobilboard: to book (compulsory) please call +33(0)9 83 58 73 35
- Guided tour in a Cyclopolitain: €10 discount on a cycling tour. To book and check availability, please call +33(0)04 78 30 35 90
- The Hermès boat-restaurant: A "Le Gourmand" menu for the price of a "L'Authentique" menu; that is €10 discount. To book (compulsory) and to check availability, please call +33(0)4 78 42 96 81
- The treetop adventure park with France Aventure: 10% discount on one of 5 treetop courses. To book (recommended) and to check availability, please call +33(0)4 78 36 31 75
- Rent a licence-free boat with Cap Confluent. 15 % discount on boat rentals. To book and check availability, please call +33(0)6 60 37 88 15
- Lyon Tuk Tour 10% discount. To book (compulsory) and to check availability, please call +33(0)6 51 36 05 64
A guided tour is included in your Lyon City Card. You are entitled to 30% off a second tour of your own choice throughout the duration of your card.
You can book your guided tours on www.visiterlyon.com
After purchasing your Lyon City Card via the Internet or over the phone, you will be sent an automatic confirmation by e-mail.
In it, you will find a "coupon code" (made up of numbers and capital letters). You must enter this code when purchasing your guided tour from your basket via the www.visiterlyon.com
If your Lyon City Card is handy, enter your basket's promotional code (code promo) on the www.visiterlyon.com website. This code is located on the back of your card, at the bottom. The first two numbers of this code are "11".
You can also book over the phone on +33(0)4 72 77 69 69 or directly at the ONLYLYON Tourist Office pavilion in Place Bellecour. Be sure to have your Lyon City Card and/or the coupon code sent to you by e-mail when placing your Lyon City Card order.
Leisure cruises don't require prior booking.
Just go directly to the ticket office at 2 Quai des Célestins (69002–Lyon) to collect your tickets (subject to availability) on the day of your leisure cruise..
We suggest arriving 20 to 30 minutes prior to departure.
The programme is available here: www.lesbateauxlyonnais.com
No bookings required for the unusual tour of the rooftops of the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière, which is also subject to availability.
Please arrive 30 minutes before the beginning of the tour (the door on the right-hand side, at the entrance of the basilica).
The programme is available here: The Fourvière Foundation
There's no need to book your entrance ticket. Your Lyon City Card entitles you to beat-the-queue access. Simply show your Lyon City Card at the ticket office to obtain your ticket.
All types of public transports in Lyon are included in the Lyon City Card: metro, trams, buses and cable cars.
Enjoy free and unlimited access to the TCL public transport network: metro, trams, buses and cable cars + Relais car parks.
The travel pass included in your card will be activated when first used at a TCL network terminal.
It will be valid for 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h. It must be validated when used for the 1st time, and at each connection (only on this condition will your ticket be valid).
No public transport on the 1st May.
Lyon City Card gives you access to 22 Relais car parks throughout the city of Lyon during 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h consecutive , subject to available parking space.
Relais car parks are accessible from 5 am to midnight You must remove your vehicle from the car park before midnight every night.
Swipe your Lyon City Card at the terminal (which is similar to public transport terminals) to enjoy free parking in Relais car parks.
The Vaporetto is a river shuttle that serves the Confluence Shopping & Leisure Centre. It is included in the Lyon City Card.
Show your Lyon City Card as you go on board to obtain your ticket. Subject to availability.
The timetable is available on the website of our partner Les Yachts de Lyon.
Lyon City Card gives you access to a specific and customised Vélo'v service offer. For just €5, you can use a Vélo'v bicycle for 3 consecutive days and enjoy 60 minutes of free cycling time every time you take out a bicycle. Activate your subscription by using your Lyon City Card at a Vélo’v terminal, at the Lyon Tourism and Convention bureau, or via www.velov.grandlyon.com.
For a list of all Vélo'v stations, please call +33(0)1 30 79 33 40.
To use the Vélo’v service:
- Go to a Vélo’v station and select the "buy a ticket" (acheter un ticket) option on the touchscreen.
- Select the "PASS TICKET" (TICKET SUR PASS) option, and scan the card on the dedicated terminal (red subscription card display).
- Follow the instructions and insert your credit card to pay €5 plus a €150 deposit for every Vélo’v bicycle you rent.
- Choose your own personal code, and use this code every time you take out a bicycle.
The same card must be used every time you rent a bicycle.
Every time you take back a bicycle, remember to check that the light on the terminal is green.
This show, which is subject to availability, is included in the Lyon City Card, and must be booked via the following companies directly:
The Lyon City Card entitles you to discounts at various cultural venues throughout the city (Opera, Theatre, Dance and Improvisation events, Dinner theatres, etc.) subject to prior booking.
Check out all the discounts to be enjoyed on other shows on our partner websites.
The Lyon City Card entitles you to privileged services with several of our partners:
- Galeries Lafayette Part-Dieu,
- Le Printemps de Lyon,
- The Confluence Shopping & Leisure Centre,
- Hard Rock Café Lyon's shop.
- The Village.
How long will my Lyon City Card remain valid?
Your Lyon City Card will be activated as soon as it is validated for any one of the activities included in it. It will remain valid for 24, 48, 72 or 96 consecutive hours, depending on the duration of your card as from its first time of use.
Please be aware that its validity differs with regard to transport: in this case it covers 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h consecutive, regardless of when it was first used.
Your card's travel pass is activated when first used at a network terminal. It will be valid during 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h consecutive, depending on the duration of your card, from 5 am to 0.30 am, regardless of when it was first used.
For further information on public transport, and for timetables, please call ALLO TCL on + +33(0)4 26 10 12 12
The Lyon City Card can only be used on consecutive days, and for 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h.
Using your card for the first time activates it for whatever period of time you purchased it for.
The Lyon City Card cannot be recharged for transport or activity purposes, and it is not recyclable. If you wish to enjoy its advantages for a period exceeding 4 days, you must purchase a new card.
From the moment you collect your card, you have 18 months to use it. After 18 months, your card will become obsolete and will not be replaced.
The Lyon City Card entitles its users to the same services throughout the year, except during the Festival of Lights when Les Bateaux Lyonnais, Lyon City Bus and Lyon City Tram are no longer included.
The following activities are excluded during the Festival of Lights: Lyon City Bus, Lyon City Tram and Les Bateaux Lyonnais during special Festival of Lights evenings.
The entire TCL public transport network ceases to function on the 1st May. However, many tourist activities remain open (guided tours, Lyon City Bus, Lyon City Tram, Les Bateaux Lyonnais, Mini World Lyon, cinemas and lots more). For further information concerning activity programmes, please contact us on +33 (0)4 72 77 69 69.
Guided tours with lecturing guides working with the Tourist Office will be ensured regardless of weather conditions.
In the event of strong flooding, the departure times and locations of leisure cruises are likely to be modified.
Any closures, strikes or exceptional free entries that may concern any of the venues accessible through the Lyon City Card shall not result in the duration of the card being extended, or any form of refund of one or several days.
Although the temporary exhibitions of partner museums are included in the Lyon City Card, travelling lectures and other workshops organised by museums are not, and you may be asked to pay an additional entrance fee.
All 24, 48, 72 and 96-hour cards ordered, picked up and unused before the introduction of lockdown measures in France (18-month validity period) will be extended for the total duration of the lockdown.
Attractions included in the Lyon City Card are gradually reopening as of the beginning of June, receiving visitors in the best possible conditions.
The following establishments remain closed:
- Cité Internationale de la Gastronomie (closed until further notice),
- Musée des Tissus (Textile Arts Museum) (closed until 10 September),
- Mini World Lyon (opening on October 3rd),
- Théâtre le Guignol de Lyon (Guignol puppet theatre) (closed until September),
- Guignol - Compagnie Streble (Guignol puppet theatre) (closed until October),
- Musée d'art contemporain (contemporary art museum) (closed until 7 October).
Please contact the Tourist Office to find out the current details of the offering. As of the 2nd of June, our team is welcoming visitors every day from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, and can be contacted by telephone on +33(0)4 72 77 69 69, via chat, or by email: [email protected]
Should you have further questions, our team of LYON CITY EXPERTS is at your entire disposal from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week, at the ONLYLYON Tourist Office pavilion, Place Bellecour - 69002 Lyon, on +33 (0)4 72 77 69 69 or on [email protected].